Add Snippet


With much thought and consideration the Meadows Marlins Board made the difficult decision to cancel this summer's competitive swim season

This decision was not made lightly. We have talked with the city who let us know of their limitations in hiring and training life guards which would leave us unable to host the first two meets at the very least. This would also mean that we would have no way to practice for those meets if we were able to work out being the visitors at another team's pool. As a team consisting of mainly younger swimmers this was a huge concern for us. We also speculate based on current restrictions to athletic teams that the city will have restrictions on the amount of people allowed into the pool area at the same time. Such restrictions would make regular meets impossible considering at least 50 athletes and volunteers are on the deck at all times. This does not include swimmers waiting for their races or other volunteers that would be easier to spread out for social distancing. This would be a large group of people gathered which we believe will not be permitted for some time. Considering all of this and the remaining uncertainty of how meets would work and the cost effectiveness of it all, a unanimous vote was made that we should cancel our swim season.

We are still working closely with the city to try to offer stroke clinics when/if they are able to open the pool. We hope these clinics will offer swimmers the ability to freshen up on each of their strokes so that we can come back as a competitive team next summer. There will be a cost associated with the clinics that we are working to determine. We will send more information on those when we are able to iron out all the details.

Feel free to reach out with any questions or concerns.

Thank you for your understanding as we continue to work through this unprecedented time.

The Meadows Marlins Swim Team Board

Text Area
Simple formatted text
Delete Edit_snippet


Upload and embed an image
Delete Edit_snippet
Add Snippet